We have known for a while that Bella is a good hunter. She has caught a number of moles and mice. And she likes to sit in the window and make funny noises at the birds. But I was very surprised when I found her on the porch with a little bunny. If you don't know the whole story you would probably say that it was kind of sad that she caught a bunny, but there are rabbits all over our neighborhood. One of the reasons we got Blue right after moving to our house was because we wanted him to chase the rabbits away from my vegetable garden. They like to eat the new growth. The first year I grew my vegetable garden here they ate all of my peas. Only problem is that Blue is not a very good hunter. He is a great dog, but I see the rabbits before he does and he doesn't even see them till I run towards them and they are already running out of the yard. So although I was surprised when I saw that Bella had caught a little bunny, I wasn't exactly sad about it. I have only had a few of my plants get eaten this year so she must be doing a good job.
Sunday, June 08, 2008
Bella and Her Bunny
We have known for a while that Bella is a good hunter. She has caught a number of moles and mice. And she likes to sit in the window and make funny noises at the birds. But I was very surprised when I found her on the porch with a little bunny. If you don't know the whole story you would probably say that it was kind of sad that she caught a bunny, but there are rabbits all over our neighborhood. One of the reasons we got Blue right after moving to our house was because we wanted him to chase the rabbits away from my vegetable garden. They like to eat the new growth. The first year I grew my vegetable garden here they ate all of my peas. Only problem is that Blue is not a very good hunter. He is a great dog, but I see the rabbits before he does and he doesn't even see them till I run towards them and they are already running out of the yard. So although I was surprised when I saw that Bella had caught a little bunny, I wasn't exactly sad about it. I have only had a few of my plants get eaten this year so she must be doing a good job.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment